I have seen many questions on online forums that how to crash a hard disk. Many Tech-Guru’s come with a solution to use batch Programming in which they create folder inside folder and repeat it inside a loop for infinite times. But it is not a practical Solution, because a Folder size is in KB’s so it does not matter and is really time consuming.
Today I am telling you a Windows Commands through Which we can create a file of any size within seconds. So here the Tutorial Begins
- Suppose I want to Create a File of 1 GB means 1,000,000,000 bytes approximately. Convert this number into HEX Notation using Windows Calculator. So 1GB in HEX is equal to 3B9ACA00
- Now open a command prompt window. In Windows 95, 98, or Me, you can do this by entering COMMAND in the Start menu’s Run dialog; in Windows NT 4.0, 2000, or XP,Windows 7 enter CMD instead.
- Enter the command DEBUG A.DAT and ignore the File not found message.You can use any file name with .dat extension
- Type RCX and press Enter. Debug will display a colon prompt. Enter the last four digits of the hexadecimal number you calculated (CA00, in our example). Type RBX and press Enter, then enter the first four digits of the hexadecimal size (3B9A, in our example). Enter W for Write and Q for Quit.
- You have successfully created a File with Size approximately equal to 1 GB(976.5 MB). and it does not take more than 5 seconds.
Now Suppose If create a Batch Program with this coding inside a loop then in 2 or 3 Minutes it can crash Victim’s Hard Disk.
Its only for educational Purpose, Please its a request to not use this on your friends( or Good Friends), because its my personal opinion that knowledge diminishes if you use it in wrong way